Thursday, March 5, 2009

Disneyland Day 3

Today was a good day. We got into the park an hour early and hit Peter Pan, Dumbo, the merry-go-round, Finding Nemo Submarines, monorail, Buzz Lightyear Astroblasters and then took a break for lunch. The sun was out all day and the park was getting busy. We went back to the hotel and napped until 4:30 (Doug went back to the park for a little bit and was able to get his fill of Space Mountain and some other big ones).

The kids and I got back to the park and we finally ran across our first character visits! Drew, don't be jealous, but Alice had a crush on Doug. Mary Poppins was also there, but Doug said Julie Andrews was the one and only Mary Poppins so we didn't get her picture. We met some other people from Utah at the Aladdin and Jasmine meet and greet. We also went on the Jungle Cruise and Tarzan's Treehouse. Then we hit Toontown. The kids loved looking trough all the character houses. We were even lucky enough to bump into Goofy and Minnie! Didn't think we'd get pictures with them.









We took our time walking over to Fantasmic and ate some yummy Gumbo (Doug's favorite food in the whole park) and Fritters. By this time it was pretty chilly so we ended up buying a pirate blanket to keep Paige warm. Matt was content to just wrap up in my jacket in the stroller. The kids loved the show, then as we were waiting for the crowds to clear, we were able to get on the last ride of Winnie-the-pooh for the night before the park closed.

All-in-all, a very full and fun filled day. Paige was really sad on the walk back to the hotel that she couldn't ride Soarin' Over California with Doug today, so I think that will be our first thing tomorrow (Pretty sure that Doug won't mind that one bit). We are also doing a very non-Disney thing and going to the beach tomorrow. I'm afraid that our kids are going to be really bored when we get home after all this. We did break down and buy us some Mickey ears, though. That will be a fun souvenir to remember the trip by.



Every time I think about the time we are spending together and the memories we are making as a family I am so thankful. I love my little family so much.

3 comments:

Knite20 said...

That Tramp! I turn my back for two years and shes out there flitting and flaunting like it's her unbirthday or something...
Ah who am I kidding, I still love her!

Love the pics!

Sarah said...

You guys are having so much fun! It's making me excited for when my kids are old enough to enjoy a disney vacation!

Channynba said...

I love those photos...You kids are getting so big. I really want to go.