Wednesday, March 4, 2009

Disneyland Day 2 (Day of Rain)

Today was a good day. The kids woke up at about 5:30 ready to go. We held them off until 7:30 for continental breakfast. After that, we still had a good 2 hours until the park opened. We walked from our hotel over to the main plaza between the two parks (which took all of 5 minutes..nice) At that hour, the place was deserted, so we were able to get lots of pictures and look at lots of fountains.





By 9:30 we were so ready to get into the park. California Adventure actually opened a half hour before Disneyland, so we decided to head there first. Doug and Paige loved Soarin' Over California. I think that was Paige's favorite because she rode it 3 times. Once with me and twice with Doug. By that time, Disneyland had opened so we headed over there next. The kids loved Dumbo, It's a Small World (we rode that one twice in a row), and the Merry Go Rounds. They didn't like Mr. Toad's Wild Ride (Matt refused to even get on this one). I took Paige on Pirates, and she sobbed all the way through. I felt like a horrible mom, but when she told dad about it she said she was just a little scared. I think we'll try it again tomorrow.




The weather was rainy pretty much all day. I was misty in the morning and by lunchtime it was coming down pretty hard. We came back to the hotel (have I mentioned how close it is to the park? SO NICE!) ate In-N-Out burgers, took a nap, then headed back to California Adventure until it closed. We ate dinner at IHOP right next to our hotel, then relaxed in our room for another big day tomorrow. Paige and Doug watched Madagascar 2 and Paige kept wanting to hear the 'I like to move it, move it' song. She's so funny!



Hopefully it will be a little drier tomorrow, and despite all the rain, we all enjoyed ourselves and loved the family time.

In the plans for tomorrow: Riding the train, Haunted Mansion, Steam Boat, Jungle Cruise, and Dumbo again.

4 comments:

Knite20 said...

So SWEEETTT!!! hope you enjoy the mansion and the other rides today. Love the updates, keep 'em coming! and the darling pictures. We wish we were there too! Say hi to mickey and Pooh for us!

Channynba said...

awesome...I can't wait to see day three. I am starting to wish I was there.

heather said...

Should have warned you about Mr. Toad's...Meghan was traumatized by it :) How fun, we love Disneyland with the special needs pass and Benadryl or melatonin for the airline trip. Can;t wait to see all the updates.

Sarah said...

That's so fun! I love the "I like to move it, move it" song too - they used to play that at the gym in kickboxing class - it was my favorite.