Tuesday, March 3, 2009

Day 1 - Disneyland Eve

Hi all. Doug here. Val and the kids are sleeping, so I thought I would give you an update on our adventures today.

We made it to California, finally! It has been a great trip so far. Val and the kids picked me up from work. I must admit it was very difficult to get much done today because I was so ready for this vacation to start! The kids loved the airport, and they especially liked the moving sidewalk. They were both excited to go flying and I was shocked and their reaction. I was totally expecting Paige to freak out at the whole airplane experience and Matt to be enthralled, but it turned out quite different. Paige was more excited about playing with her 'Hello Kitty' sticker book than anything. She loved the takeoff and landing, but other than that was either playing with stickers, watching 'Max and Ruby' on my iPod, or changing the channels on the plane's Satellite TV. The noise really didn't bother her and she handled everything really well.







Matt, on the other hand was all over the place. He couldn't sit still and Val had a hard time keeping him in his seat belt. He seemed to like the airplane, but was just so full of energy. About 30 minutes before we landed, he finally fell asleep and stayed that way all though baggage claim, rental car pickup, and hotel check in. We are totally expecting to have him wake us up at 5-6 am.





We are right across the street from the park, so tomorrow will be exciting. I don't know if the kids realize what is ahead of them, but it will be so much fun to experience it with them.

Well, it is late, so that will wrap it up for tonight. I'm sure Val will have much more to say tomorrow, but that's about it for today. If I may put a plug in, I will be 'Twitter'ing our goings on throughout the day. For all you non-techies, Twitter is an online service that allows you to just post quick, short, 'what are you doing' updates and share them. Just follow me at http://www.twitter.com/mrDigDoug to get these real time 'what are you doing' updates throughout the day.

Thanks for checking in!

2 comments:

Sarah said...

So fun! I am so jealous! Jason and I are itching for a vacation!

Channynba said...

looks like it is going to be an awesome trip...love that matthew is watching evan almighty in the background.