Saturday, March 7, 2009

Coming Home!

I have said it a thousand times. I am a home body. As much as I love a good fun trip, I ALWAYS love coming home. I love the feeling I get of being in my own space that is no one elses. I love that I can burp and not be judged, I love my bed, and I love the kids beds. I am afraid I am raising 2 more home bodies as well. I actually think it's a good thing to be.

So we woke up this morning to a beautiful day. We cleaned up, ate breakfast and drove the scenic way to the airport along the Pacific Coast Highway. I have to say not as beautiful as up higher in Cali, but still fun to see the ocean. Wish we would have had time to get out and wade for a bit, but we were running late.

We got to the airport and the kids were not happy about leaving Disneyland until we told them we were going to our 'big house'. That quieted them down, and then Paige just kept saying that she wanted to be home. My thoughts exactly. Paige slept most of the plane ride home and Matt fell asleep in the car on the way home. The Disney Trip 2009 is now just a memory. the kids favorite rides this time were dumbo, the merry-go-round, and Paige's was Soarin' Over California. Matt enjoyed the caterpillar ride in bug's land too. I can't wait until they enjoy the bigger rides that don't go round and round in circles!

I have been trying to decide what the next big trip will be. Probably something close for the next few years, then maybe a trip up Oregon way. I would really like to drive up that way. With Doug and I just by ourselves I would like to head south of the border and play in Mexico. I guess I had better get busy planning for vacation 2010!!

P.S. Here are some more pictures we didn't get to post from Disney.








3 comments:

The Davis Family said...

Looks like you had a great time and the kids had fun.

Channynba said...

Glad you guys made it home saftly and that you had an awesome time...now get some rest.

kelly said...

Val- somehow I erased your blog address and was glad to see it on someone else's so I could check in on your cute family. Sounds like you had a great trip. Seems like your last year trip involved sick kids and a bunch of throw-up? Am I remembering right? Anyway, I hope all is well! What cute kids! I'm remembering that Paige and my Emmy were born close to the same time. Where has the time gone? Anyway, hope you have a great week!