Sunday, November 2, 2008

Halloween

So I was going to take some really cute pictures of the kiddies and our Halloween fun, but our sweet little Matt decided to break our camera! Oh well, I was wanting a new one for Christmas anyway, but until then we won't have anything but our camcorder. I guess I will have to figure out a way to take pictures with that.

So, Paige was a black cat for Halloween. We went to a ward party on Thursday night, and she went around to everyone giving them loves and telling them she was a cat and meowing. It was pretty cute, and for once Doug and I let her run free. She had so much fun, and it made me feel a little bad we don't let her just go where she wants more. We will have to try to be better about that.

Matt was a monkey this year, and he could have cared less what he was in as long as there was candy involved. We have been practicing saying trick or treat, so now he thinks if he knocks on a wall, smiles and says trick or treat he deserves a candy. At least he says thanks after he gets the candy. I wonder how long after this holiday it will continue. (Probably until I run out of left over candy.) Another thing he has been saying that is soooo cute is whenever I tell him he isn't allowed to do something or have something he says "That make-a me bery upset" It is so cute and I laugh every time no matter how upset he is. He had better come up with a different saying if he wants me to take him seriously.

Back to Halloween. We went up to Huntsville to see Doug's parents. His mom made us home made corn dogs and some chicken stuff. It was really good. The kids fed the horse, took a walk through the leaves and trick or treated, then we went to Aunt Darla's house. Let me tell you. The kids cleaned up there. She had planned on them coming and had two cute cute stuffed ghost pillows for them, a box of gold fish crackers, and as much candy as they wanted out of her bowl. They are so spoiled. They then watched Rio (the dog) do tricks.

By that time it was well past the time we wanted to be home so we hurried home. I dropped the kids down the street a ways with Doug and went and answered the door. About 5 minutes later the kids were at my door. I guess it was more fun to give out treats then knock on peoples doors, which is just fine with me. We answered the door the rest of the night and ate candy out of our bowl.

I am so excited for the holiday season to kick into full swing. I am going to try really hard this month to focus on Thanksgiving and not jumping ahead to Christmas. I want my kids to learn how important it is to be thankful, and how blessed we really are. We'll see how we do.

2 comments:

Huckaby Family said...

The doctor is starting me on November 7th. Look for pictures on my blog. Sorry about your camera I would be devestated. Rachel

Channynba said...

I hate when the camera is not available for use. Sounds like they had tons of candy and fun.