Monday, September 8, 2008

The State Fair

So, we spent a few hours at the state fair tonight, and as I say every year... Why do people go to that thing? The crowds are horrible, and the price of everything is outrageous. But having said that, it's a family tradition, and this year for the first time we tried a funnel cake. It was pretty darn good! I wouldn't mind having another one of those.

We had to walk through the animals twice as that was the favorite part for the kids. They also wanted to ride the rides and play games, but we were able to get out without doing those things. The highlight of the night for me was when we forked over 8.00 for the kids to ride the ponies. I have never seen Paige so excited and happy. I guarantee we will be doling out the money again next year.







I guess when all is said and done, we were together as a family and neither of the kids got lost or injured. It was a good night!

4 comments:

heather said...

So fun to see you again...cute kiddos! Do you mind if I add you to my blog list?

Brooke Bevan said...

Hey Val. This is Brooke (Crozier) Bevan. Found your blog on Brett and Jenni's. Hope all is well with you and your cute fam.

Huckaby Family said...

I am glad you found my blog. Your little family is so cute. It sounds like you are living the crazy life just like the rest of us. I am glad I can now read your blog an keep up with your life. Where are you living now? Keep in touch Rachel Huckaby

Huckaby Family said...

I am glad you found my blog. Your little family is so cute. It sounds like you are living the crazy life just like the rest of us. I am glad I can now read your blog an keep up with your life. Where are you living now? Keep in touch Rachel Huckaby